CU Boulder is continuously updating information and guidance for our campus community to respond to new information about COVID-19. Based on the latest guidance from public health officials to slow the spread of the virus, we are asking all residential students to begin checking out of your apartment and moving back to their permanent homes, if possible. If you are not able to move out, for example because of financial hardship or inability to return to a permanent home please see the guidance below.
We know that some students have been concerned about leaving before Spring Break because of class assignments, quizzes or tests. Please review the Provost’s message from today. Our top priority is your health and well-being and we want to ensure you are able to move home without waiting due to coursework.
Below you will find information for:
- How to check out of Bear Creek
- What to do if you will be here over spring break
- What to do if you plan to continue living on campus
How to check out of Bear Creek
To check out of your apartment, please complete an express check out form at your community center front desk. If you have already moved out but did not complete the check out form at your community center, please complete the online check out form.
Because we are now asking all residential students to move back to permanent homes if they are able, Housing Administration is offering a credit to your Student Tuition and Fees Account (see below for details).
- You will receive a credit of 100% of your remaining room and board from the day you check out through the end of the semester. This credit will appear on your account for the next term, minus any outstanding charges, and minus the $300 housing deposit.
- If your University bill is paid in full, any remaining credit will be applied to the next term’s charges.
- Any fees assessed for additional cleaning, damage and improper checkout may impact the final credit disbursement amount.
- Students who received financial aid (including grants, scholarships, student loans and parent loans) may require an adjustment of their aid prior to a partial credit being issued.
- Generally, if you receive a credit in the next term, you will be able to view the credit on your account within 60 days after official student checkout from occupancy and termination of contract. However, this timeline could take longer than normal as we work through the ongoing impacts of COVID-19.
What to do if you will be here over spring break
We know that many of you will have altered spring break plans. For some of you, staying on campus is now your only, or best, option.
If you plan to stay on campus over next week’s break, it is essential that you complete this form by Wednesday, March 18.
The Bear Creek Community Center will operate with reduced hours over spring break. Services will be available from noon – 7 p.m. If you wish to check out and permanently leave during spring break, you are asked to do so during these hours. CELs and professional staff will remain on-call throughout the break to support emergencies and lockouts.
What to do if you plan to continue living on campus
We understand that CU Boulder is your home and that staying in Bear Creek may be your only option. Room and board will continue to be provided for students who must remain on campus.
If you will continue to remain on campus, please fill out this form by Wednesday, March 18. Knowing your plans will help us provide services and resources to support you. We will follow up with students who are staying when those plans are more finalized.
If you have any questions, please email student housing at email@example.com.