Third-party moving options
Third-party moving options
CU Housing and Dining Services
Completing the on-campus check out process and collecting your belongings
Dear student,
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve and decisions are being made in our community to prevent the spread of this illness, we are here to support you. We received your survey response that said you have left campus but still have belongings in your residence hall. You or an immediate family member are able to return between now and May 7 at 1 p.m. to retrieve belongings from your room. If an immediate family member will be claiming your items without you present, you will need to email your hall director with written approval for that person to access your room.

Your health and safety are our top priority, and we want you to feel supported and informed as you make plans to retrieve your items this semester. Below you’ll find information and options for contracting third-party movers to collect your things for you and completing the checkout process. As long as items remain in your room, the room is considered occupied. A credit will not be issued if your room is still occupied.

Consider third-party movers

Many vendors are able to support you and collect your items from your residence hall. The university does not endorse any particular vendor. Vendors who have contacted us offering support to CU students include:
Common questions that you may want to ask vendors are about insurance coverage for lost/broken items and availability of services to meet your needs (in-room packing, shipping, local storage, etc.) Not all vendors offer all services.

Fill out the request form

If you would like to hire a third-party vendor to pack and ship or store your items, complete the online request form. You may contract with a third-party vendor of your choosing and must agree to the terms set forth by the vendor through their written contract.

You will receive a credit of 100% of your remaining room and board from the day you complete and submit the online request form through the end of the semester. This credit will appear on your account for the next term, minus any outstanding charges, and minus the $300 housing deposit.

If your roommate is currently also residing in the space, they also need to provide written authorization permitting the third-party vendor to access the room, as it is a shared space. This authorization must be provided in writing from the roommate’s email account to The following should be included:
  • Name
  • Student ID
  • Building and room number
  • I (insert name) provide consent that my roommate (insert name) may utilize a third-party mover to remove their belongings from the room. I understand that items may be damaged or missing through this process and accept responsibility if this occurs.

Complete your check out

Once you receive confirmation from the vendor that your items have been removed from your room, you are responsible for completing an online Express Check Out form. You can find this in your MyCULiving Portal.
Any fees assessed for additional cleaning, damage and improper checkout may impact the final credit disbursement amount. Students who received financial aid (including grants, scholarships, student loans and parent loans) may require an adjustment of their aid prior to a partial credit being issued.
Generally, if you receive a credit in the next term, you will be able to view the credit on your account within 60 days after official student checkout from occupancy and termination of contract. However, this timeline could take longer than normal as we work through the ongoing impacts of COVID-19.

Contact us with questions

We are committed to supporting you through the remainder of your time on campus. Learn more about contracting third-party movers by visiting the Housing and Dining website. If you have questions, please email
Occupancy Management
Center for Community S300
P: 303.492.6673, press "1"
F: 303.735.2222
Connect with us!
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
Subscribe to our email list.