This serves as an important follow-up to the email you received last week in regard to housing for all students remaining on campus. You have been approved to remain on campus through the remainder of your housing contract.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, it is increasingly important that we provide safe and secure housing for all students remaining within our residence halls. To support this, we will be consolidating all remaining residence hall students to new housing assignments on central campus. This is to help ensure your continued safety and security, as well as to provide you better access to critical services, including residence life staffing support, dining and health care needs. Your new space has been cleaned and sanitized and is ready for your arrival.
Below you will find important information and guidance on the housing consolidation and relocation process:
- You will be receiving an email in the next 48 hours from firstname.lastname@example.org with your new room assignment on central campus. We are working to house students from your current hall in the same building to create less disruption for your residential living experience.
- You will have your own room. You will not have a roommate. This is to support continued social distancing requirements. In addition, if you begin to feel ill, are self-quarantined or are directed to isolate or choose to isolate, you may be able do so without disruption in your new assignment.
- Once given your new room assignment, you will have 72 hours to complete your move. Please work with your Community Center to complete the checkout process, the desk hours are 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Before leaving your current assignment, please ensure that your room is clean and all personal items are removed prior to move-out. Additional fees may be assessed for additional cleaning, damage and improper checkout.
- For those who need support, our Facilities staff can provide assistance with moving personal items to your new assignment. Please place all items in a black and gold moving bin and mark with your name, contact phone number and new room assignment. Your Hall Director will provide more information about this process. We are happy to assist in moving and will do our best to protect your belongings. We recommend moving valuables and personal items yourself (laptop, personal documents, etc.). Despite our best efforts, items may be damaged or misplaced during this process. Please note that you accept responsibility if this occurs.
- It is important that you verify and update your permanent home address and emergency contact information on the MyCULiving portal. Once on the homepage of the MyCULiving portal, click “Address Verification.”
- Continue to report if you feel ill, are self-quarantined or are directed to isolate or choose to isolate using this form. After completing the form, a university staff member will reach out to you to discuss expectations and meal accommodations, as it is critical that you avoid contact with others.
We are committed to supporting you through the remainder of your time on campus and certainly recognize the disruption that this relocation may cause. Should you wish to move out from housing now you will receive a prorated credit of 100% of your remaining room and board from the day you check out until the end of the semester minus the $300 housing deposit and any outstanding charges.
If you have questions about living on campus, or no longer wish to remain in your on-campus assignment, please contact your hall director via email or phone or email email@example.com.
Additional Resources and Information
- For health-related questions please contact your health care provider or Medical Services at 303-492-5101 (24/7 nurse line available) for advice and recommendations.
- For mental health questions or concerns call Counseling and Psychiatric Services at 303-492-2277 (24/7 support available).
- For frequently asked questions and ongoing campus updates related to COVID-19 visit www.colorado.edu/coronavirus.
- If you have already moved off campus and completed your express check out paperwork, you can disregard this email.
If you have already moved off campus and completed your express check out paperwork, you can disregard this email.