We hope you are well! We miss having you on campus, but appreciate the steps you took to check out of your residence hall.
Because we asked students who were able to move out of the residence halls and back to their permanent addresses, Housing and Dining is providing a credit of 100% of your remaining room and board from the day you officially checked out through the end of the semester.
In support of our students and families, we have made a couple of changes to better meet your current needs.
- We are going to refund your $300 housing deposit.
- We are working to provide a full refund of prorated room and board this semester. We originally planned to credit your account for your next term. However, we understand with changing circumstances around COVID-19, you may need to access these funds sooner.
This means that your prorated credit for room and board from the day that you moved out through the end of the semester and your $300 housing deposit will be added to your student tuition and fees account, minus any charges for damage, cleaning or improper check out. If your account is current and you do not have any charges on your spring 2020 student bill, you will receive a refund.
Please see more information regarding the process below:
Room and Board Credit
- Since you have formally checked out of housing, you are receiving a credit to your tuition and fees account of 100% of your remaining room and board, from the day of your check out, beginning March 17, through the remainder of the spring semester.
- Your $300 housing deposit will be refunded. If you are a CU student returning to university housing for fall 2020, your $300 can be held as a housing deposit for next academic year.
- Any fees assessed for additional cleaning, damage and improper checkout will impact the final credit disbursement amount.
Tuition and Fees Account
- The room and board credit and housing deposit refund will post to your tuition and fees account and will be applied to any outstanding balance.
- Once your student bill is paid in full, any remaining credit will then be processed and provided as a refund to you.
If you are receiving a credit, you can expect to see it applied to your student account by the end of the semester. The credit will pay any charges on the tuition and fee bill. If there is any money remaining, refunds will be issued in one of two ways:
- If you have signed up for direct deposit and will receive a refund, it will be deposited into your designated bank account within three to five business days from when the credit appears on the bill, depending on the bank.
TIP: Sign up for direct deposit if you haven’t already! If you are due a refund, the quickest way to receive it is through direct deposit. Sign up as soon as possible in Buff Portal. (See instructions for Direct Deposit for Tuition & Fee Refunds.)
- If you have not signed up for direct deposit and will receive a refund, a check will be mailed to your permanent address within two weeks from when the credit appears on the bill.
Students can view their account in Buff Portal. Authorized payers can view the student account by logging in to CUBill&Pay.
Questions Regarding this Process
- If you have questions regarding your student account, please contact the Bursar’s Office at email@example.com or via phone at 303-492-5381 during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. MT.
- If you have questions regarding your room and board credit amount and/or the checkout process, please email student housing at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 303-492-6871, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. MT.
- For assistance with frequently asked questions and more information regarding the university’s response please see the COVID-19 information page.